Conversation in Boston over the past few weeks has been centered around one, single topic: SNOW. With a severe weather warning at least once a week, morning commutes plagued by delays and traffic, and wet, white snow piled up higher than some doorways, you might think that the city had never seen snow before. And alas, this weekend we are predicted to get yet another foot of white fluff.
While I’m less than thrilled to be traveling to and from work in this weather, I am more than happy to sit inside on a lazy weekend morning while the flakes fall from the sky. I’m enjoying spending time with the boys, catching up on some reading and cooking up a storm in the kitchen!
The winter weather has me craving all kinds of comfort foods and what spells winter warmth and comfort more than a giant stack of paleo pancakes? Paleo pancakes with roasted blood oranges and maple syrup, of course!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Roasted blood oranges
- In a large bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, butter, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar, mix well.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium, until hot
- Pour the batter into the skillet and let cook for 2-3 minutes or until the batter starts to bubble
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with remaining batter
Don’t forget to check and see if you won this week’s giveaway!