I am so excited to finally unveil the Turkey Taco Burger. This little baby came to me one day while I was daydreaming about Mexican food- don’t judge because I know you do it too. Now generally, Mexican food comes on top of, inside of, or underneath a warm, crunchy, corn tortilla… an obvious barrier for us primal eaters. So when I was brainstorming what yummy concoctions J and I would cook up for Cinco de Mayo, the Turkey Taco Burger was an obvious choice. It has all of the flavor and messy toppings that come with a taco, just without the shell.
This recipe is great for a party or family dinners because everyone can add their own twist. For Cinco de Mayo, set up topping stations and each person can build their own burger!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- Turn on the grill or preheat the stovetop
- Combine all burger ingredients together in a bowl, making sure that the spices are distributed evenly turn on the grill or preheat the stovetop
- Form the meat mixture into burger patties
- Place the burger on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side
- Pile the burger patty, sliced tomato and lettuce on top of a cabbage steak and top with chipotle aioli