Making homemade mayonnaise is a daunting task, but it definitely worth it. Plus, once you get the hang of it, you can whip together a delicious paleo mayonnaise in less than two minutes!
That being said, the best thing about homemade mayonnaise is that you can easily make a number of flavored mayonnaise and aioli recipes by adding spices, fresh herbs, garlic or even chopped pickles!
This Chipotle Aioli is one of my favorites! It has a slightly spicy, yet creamy flavor and can be used for everything from salad dressing, to topping burgers, to dipping sweet potato fries!
- 1 cup paleo mayonnaise (I used the recipe from Paleo in 28)
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined
- For best results, make in advance and allow flavors to combine for at least 30 minutes before serving, stir well