After a long week or so of traveling, this weekend was all about relaxing. And there is no better way to relax than baking some yummy treats and catching up on my weekly television shows with J. So we decided to whip up a batch of delicious, moist blueberry muffins with a crumbly top.
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped raw nuts (anything you have on hand will work, we used almonds)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup and coconut milk and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Slowly add in the coconut oil while continuing to mix the batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill 10 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds with batter.
- In a small bowl combine all of the topping ingredients until coarsely blended.
- Sprinkle about 1 tsp of topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (the tops should be golden brown).
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with a cup of coffee!