I know I already shared one recipe from Juli’s new upcoming cookbook Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook, but you guys this book is just TOO GOOD! It is quite possibly one of the most beautiful books I have ever seen (shout out to Bill and Hayley from Primal Palate for their amazing photography skills) and it capture’s Juli’s personality and passion for cooking healthy and delicious Paleo dishes perfectly!
You will literally find “over 100 gluten-free recipes to help you shine from within” and every recipe is approachable so that you find joy in creating delicious and nutritious food!
Now go make this Buffalo Chicken Casserole and don’t forget to whip up some Chocolate Hazelnut Spread for dessert!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2½ pounds)
- 4 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce (I prefer Tessemae's or Franks Red Hot)
- ¼ cup Super Simple Mayonnaise (page 274 or store-bought mayo - I use Sir Kensington's or Primal Kitchen Foods)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- chopped scallions for garnish
- sliced avocados, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the skin gives when you press your finger to it. Remove the squash from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Grease a Dutch oven or an 8-inch square glass dish with 2 tbsp of the butter.
- Let the squash cool for 5 minutes, remove the seeds and then use a fork the remove the threads and place them into the greased baking dish.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. Add the garlic, carrot, celery, onion and bell pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the ground chicken, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook, using a wooden spatula to break up the chicken into small pieces, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then add the hot sauce and mayo and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking dish and mix well with the spaghetti squash threads. Add the whisked eggs and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top forms a slight crust that doesn't give when you press it in the middle. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped scallion and avocado slices.