Right off the bat you should know that this is not your Grandma’s Cole Slaw. I’ve never really loved coleslaws, in fact you might say I even had an aversion to them growing up. But this Red Cabbage and Cilantro Crunchy Slaw is a far cry from the chopped green cabbage with flecks of carrot from school cafeteria days. This slaw can be quite elegant and can be used in a number of ways.
Red Cabbage and Cilantro Crunchy Slaw makes a great fresh, crunchy addition to Paleo tacos, burrito bowls and lettuce wraps! How will you use it?
- 1 head of red cabbage
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shred the head of cabbage using a sharp knife
- Add the lime juice and olive oil
- Chop cilantro and add to taste
- finish with salt and pepper to taste