For lunch we’ll serve traditional barbecue fare with a Paleo twist – including burgers, hot dogs and chicken kabobs. Then it’s on to patriotic inspired desserts, like these bright red Raspberry Lemonade Popsicles! Made from fresh raspberries and lemons, they only require 4 ingredients and are quite simple to pull together. Most importantly I can make them the night before and stick them in the freezer so there is no prep required the day of the barbecue!
Looking for some additional 4th of July menu inspiration? Check out this post from the archives!
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups water
- Puree the raspberries in a blender, setting aside a handful for later
- In a small saucepan combine 1 cup of the water with honey, bring to a boil for 1 minute
- Combine raspberry puree, syrup, lemon juice, and remaining water in a large bowl, stir well
- Arrange the left over raspberries into 8 popsicle molds
- Pour raspberry puree into each mold
- Insert popsicle sticks
- Freeze until solid, about 6 hours