I love cooking, but when I am trying to get dinner ready after a long day at work I opt for quick and easy. Quick and easy doesn’t have to be boring. Too often veggies are steamed in the microwave or left out all together because they appear to be time consuming to prepare. Roasting veggies in the oven or on the grill is a quick and easy way to prepare delicious, fresh vegetables full of flavor! Plus, all you need are four simple ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Not sure how to cook your favorite vegetable or want to try something new? Check out my Veggie Cheat Sheet, full of tips and tricks to help you cook perfect veggies and 20 of my favorite vegetable side dishes!
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Prep the asparagus by snapping off the ends
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil
- Sprinkle with garlic, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook asparagus for about 15 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until it reaches your desired tenderness