What better way to kick off the launch of my YouTube channel than with this giant Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie!? This is a celebration after all! Crispy on the outside and ooey gooey in the middle this is the ultimate dessert! Not to mention it is baked in a cute little skillet, making for a super cute presentation.
Over the past few weeks I have been sharing my Paleo in 28 Challenge journey over on Instagram. Sharing pictures of the final dishes as well as some “behind the scenes” videos while actually cooking those dishes on my Instagram Story. To my surprise those little videos were really well received because you saw how easy cooking Paleo can be and how delicious eating Paleo is. Many of my followers commented, shared and asked for more! And because I am never one to say no – I decided to jump in feet first and join YouTube. the next day I recorded three videos and this weekend I recorded two more. All of which will be coming your way over the next few weeks.
What can you expect from the Cave Girl in the City YouTube channel? Recipes from Paleo in 28 like my Baked Zucchini Chips and Chicken Fried Rice; easy snack ideas and recipes like Paleo Strawberry Fruit Leather; and of course more cookie dough! All of my videos are packed with tips and tricks, easy ingredients swaps and lots of fun! Don’t miss a video head over and subscribe now!
As I mentioned in my video this Paleo version of a cookie skillet is gluten free and refined sugar free. I use big Enjoy Life chocolate chunks to make it extra delicious! But the best thing about this giant cookie is the gooey center. When you remove from the oven the outside should be crispy golden brown and the center should move just a little bit. I like to air on the side of under cooking the recipe just slightly so you get the most ooey gooey and melty center.
While most people will opt to serve this dessert for 4-6, you can easily cut the recipe in half for 2. I may or may not have cut the recipe in half and enjoyed it myself while J was out of town! Just be sure to serve warm and be sure to use a pot holder because the skillet is sure to be hot, hot, hot!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, solid
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a stand mixer add the coconut oil and coconut sugar and cream until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the mixture and mix until the dough comes together. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a 8 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil. Pour the dough into the skillet and spread evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove the skillet from the oven and serve warm.