Last week I shared my love and a refreshing recipe for lemon water. Today I thought I’d share another way to stay refreshed with fresh fruit filled ice cubes. I decided to use citrus again and cut up some lemons and limes, however this DIY could easily be done with fresh berries or another fruit of your choice.
Not only will these fresh fruit cubes add a little extra flavor to your daily glass(es) of water, but they are super pretty and would be perfect for the ice bucket at your next party!
What flavored fruit cubes will you try?
You will need:
- Ice tray
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- A knife
1. Remove both ends of the lime and carefully cut the lime in half so that it is easier to handle.
2. Continue to slice the lime into small 1/2 inch wedges.
3. Add the lime wedges to the ice cube tray.
4. Slice half of the lemon into small wedges in the same manner as the limes and slice the other half into two think wedges.
5. Fill the ice cube tray with the small lemon wedges, varying the lemons and limes among the cubes.
6. Squeeze the two large lemon wedges across the ice cube tray so that each cubes is partially filled with lemon juice. Then fill the rest of the tray with water.
7. Let freeze for 3-4 hours.
8. Remove the cubes from the tray, serve and enjoy!