Cauliflower is a Paleo staple as far as I am concerned. This versatile vegetable can be turned into mash, rolled into pizza crust and – my personal favorite – grated into couscous and rice! Both delicious and nutritious, cauliflower rice can take many forms. From a simple rice substitute under a pile of seasoned chicken and vegetables to a big bowl of fried rice or the basis of your next burrito bowl.
All you need is this super simple recipe for basic cauliflower rice and then you can let your imagination run wild!
For a little inspiration, check out my Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice.
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor (or grate with cheese grater)
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 garlic clove for 30 seconds
- Add cauliflower and mix for 2-3 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Covered the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, until softened