As a child I used to run from anything that looked remotely healthy, specifically anything green. But once I learned how to prepare vegetables, I couldn’t get enough! In fact I sneak bites of Oven Roasted Broccoli right from the baking sheet (shh… don’t tell J).
The best part about this recipe is that it uses simple ingredients you probably already have on hand, so there is no need to run to the grocery store or give planning a delicious side dish too much thought. It also works great with asparagus, green beans, cauliflower and an endless amount of other vegetables! Pick your favorite or use what you have in the fridge!
- 1 head of broccoli
- juice of ½ lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the broccoli into individual florets
- In a large plastic bag, add the broccoli florets, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice
- Arrange the broccoli in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until crisp