Breakfast is by far the most difficult meal of the day while eating paleo or doing a Whole30. On the weekends it is easy to make eggs to order at home with a side of bacon or sweet potato hash, but during the week I’m often at the gym by 6 and that leaves little time at home for more than brewing a cup of coffee (which J does because I take so long to get ready).
J and I will sometimes bring Banana Bread or Apple Cinnamon Muffins to work, however baked goods for breakfast every morning isn’t very healthy. I am not a fan of traditional Paleo omelet muffins and egg cupcakes that you see in many cookbooks, but those gave me an idea. Why not cook just the egg in a muffin tin?
And that’s what we did! After a little experimentation we found a great new breakfast option that is easy, filling, nutritious and delicious– a winner on all counts! If you feeling extra fancy, cook a few pieces of bacon and add them in with the eggs!
- Coconut oil
- Bacon and vegetables (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Grease muffin or cupcake pan with coconut oil
- Crack an egg in each hole
- You can either leave the egg as is or scramble the egg with a fork.
- Add bacon and/or vegetables (like broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, spinach and onions)
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes
- The eggs should be removed when the yoke still looks slightly runny (be careful not to over cook or your eggs will be rubbery)
- Let cool and store in the fridge (or freezer to keep longer)