It’s the morning after Christmas, which means a day of relaxing in my new pajamas, drinking coffee and playing with all of my new toys– aka admiring my new clothes and jewelry! Nothing completes the morning after Christmas like left over Christmas cookies or a nice piece of biscotti with my coffee. Here is a recipe for double chocolate chunk biscotti that is sure to curb your sweet tooth!
Double Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to a food processor and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Add maple syrup and pulse until it becomes a dough-like consistency. (Allow a little time for the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.)
- Remove the dough from the food processor and work in the chocolate chips with a spoon or your hands (the dough will be very sticky.)
- Form the dough into a log on a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool completely – about one hour.
- Cut the dough log into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal with a sharp knife.
- Place the slices on their sides on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow the biscotti to cool completely before serving.