If you’re going to a Fourth of July party this year, chances are you’ll run into more than a few non paleo desserts. It’s always hard to ignore the delicious snacks, especially if you’re a new clean eater. Today I wanted to share a super simple recipe that is sure to satisfy your appetite and will even delight your friends. These light, tasty treats are so easy to make and everyone will be wanting more!
*Native Forest brand canned coconut milk works best, also be sure to get full-fat coconut milk and not light or fat free.
Whipped Coconut Cream
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge over night.
- Put a large mixing bowl in the freezer 30 minutes before you make your whipped coconut cream.
- Take the chilled can from the fridge and flip upside down.
- Open the can upside down (this way the liquid is at the top).
- Pour the liquid coconut milk into a small bowl, we won’t be using this but instead of tossing it out add it to your morning smoothie!
- Now you should be left with only the hardened coconut cream, this is what we will be using to make the whipped cream.
- Scoop the coconut cream into your chilled bowl.
- Whip the cream using an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add a touch of vanilla extract and whip it again.
- Cut off the tops of the strawberries and gently scoop out some of the inside of the strawberry.
- Fill the strawberry with the whipped coconut cream (the cream must be chilled or it will melt over the sides of the strawberries.
- Top with a few blueberries.
And if you’re not feeling too crafty, put the whipped coconut cream in a fun bowl and layer sliced strawberries and blueberries on top!
If you have left over whipped cream, store it in the fridge in a sealed container, it should last up to two weeks.