I always look for the longest french fry. Its been a game that I have played since I was little. No matter how the french fries are cut there is always one in the bunch that sticks out because it is twice the length of any other.
So when I recently made a batch of these Cripsy Sweet Potato Fries I couldn’t wait to search for the longest fry and eat it from one end to the other like a piece of pasta. I was even more excited because I was using purple sweet potatoes. There is just something extra fun about eating colorful food, isn’t there?
Well these curly shoe string sweet potato fries did not disappoint! Crispy, curly and full of flavor they made the perfect side to our bunless burgers – and I found a potato that I swear was a eight inches long!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the sweet potatoes and slice the ends of each sweet potato
- Place the sweet potato in the spiral vegetable slicer, using the smallest or medium blade
- Slowly crank the spiral vegetable slicer handle so that it produces small shoestring pieces of sweet potato
- Discard the small core of the sweet potato
- Toss potatoes in a large plastic bag with olive oil and a dash of sea salt
- Lay a wire cooling rack on top of a baking tray
- Place a layer of cut sweet potatoes on the wire rack
- Bake for 20-25 minutes