This weekend marks the official start of summer but I decided to get a head start celebrating! I recently invited some friends over to spend the afternoon on our patio taste testing summer cocktails and they were all too happy to oblige.
First up was a classic mojito with a little twist! Fresh blueberries and lemon juice give this traditional cocktail some summer flair. After all there is nothing more refreshing than fresh fruit in the summer!
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup white rum
- 4 cups ice
- ½ cup club soda
- lemon slices for garnish
- Add blueberries, mint leaves, lemon juice and honey to a cocktail shaker
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to muddle the blueberries and mint leaves
- Add rum and stir well
- Pour the cocktail into a glass filled with ice and top with club soda
- Garnish with blueberries, mint leaves and lemon slices