Yesterday was not only my birthday, but the eve of the release of my second cookbook – Spiralize It! While I wish I could stay I spent the evening counting down the minutes to midnight awaiting the release, the truth is I spent the day sick on the couch and was in bed by 9 pm. Not very exciting, but today I am feeling SO much better and am looking forward to an afternoon trip to Barnes and Noble to see it on shelf!
Thank you so much to everyone who has pre-ordered Spiralize It and helped to spread the work about this book. I truly believe that Spiralize It is the must-have spiralizer cookbook for making ridiculously easy and delicious meals—plus it is perfect for any spiralizer!
Featuring over 100 recipes for all types of eaters, Spiralize It appeals to all palates―Paleo, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and anything in between. Now you can indulge in your favorite foods by swapping carbs for a variety of veggies, from carrots and sweet potatoes to butternut squash and zucchini. Satisfy cravings with guilt-free dishes and desserts, like Macaroni & Cheese and Not-Your-Average Carrot Cake.
There is something inherently playful about brightly colored, tangled vegetable noodles piled high on your plate. They are beautiful to look at, fun to twirl on your fork, and make a healthy and delicious base for just about any meal you can imagine. I hope you discover the
In celebration of the release of Spiralize It today, I am sharing one of my favorite recipes from the book for Apple-Cinnamon Overnight Oats.
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 2 cups whole milk or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus
- additional as needed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 apples, spiralized into spaghetti noodles
- 4 tablespoons chopped almonds, divided
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Evenly divide the apple noodles among (1-pint) mason jars. Top each with equal amounts of the oat mixture.
- Garnish each with 1 tablespoon of almonds and additional cinnamon, if desired.